SKU: AM00163 Category:


Description: This is an original 1908 invitation for the dedication of Hartford Bridge and Connecticut Boulevard. The exterior has a photogravure view of the newly completed bridge on the front and a photogravure of the previous bridge on the verso. As stated on the verso, “Original bridge was built 1809 and carried away by Freshet in March 1818, Rebuilt as shown above December, 1818… Destroyed by fire May 17, 1895”. The state seal of Connecticut and the seal of the city of Hartford decorate the interior of the invitation which includes an extensive list of Commissioners and members of the Invitation Committee.
9” x 22” when unfolded. Item #AM00163.
Condition: Bottom corner has a crease, some light soil on exterior, otherwise very good condition.