$325.00

SKU: P00150 Category:

Description

Description: This is a superb arched albumen photograph of the corner of Church and Union Streets in the stockade area of Schenectady, New York.

The resolution is exceptional with people and a street sign in the foreground as clear as the horse and buggy in the distance.

This incarnation of the First Reformed Church of Schenectady was designed by Edward Tuckerman Potter in 1863 and erected on the northeast corner of Church and Union Streets. This photo was taken when the church opened or soon thereafter.  The building was mostly destroyed by fire in 1948.

Image is signed in the negative “Tripp photo” and is 10″ x 13 3/4″ on a 12″ x 16″ mount. Item #P00150

Condition: Some light staining at perimeter of mat and scattered foxing in the sky area, generally very good with very good contrast and resolution.