Description: An excellent original CDV photograph by Lawrence & Houseworth titled on verso: “420. Residence of R. B. Woodward. The Conservatory.”
The image displays the grand exterior of a glass-walled conservatory with an impressive pointed dome. This conservatory was part of Robert B. Woodward’s “Woodward’s Gardens”, a combination amusement park, museum, art gallery, zoo and aquarium that operated between 1866 and 1891 in San Francisco.
2 cent revenue stamp on verso. 2 3/8” x 4”. Item #P00086.
Condition: Inked identification in sky area, light spots on blank margins otherwise in very good condition with excellent contrast and resolution.