Description: This 1860’s broadside advertises two G. W. Aimar products; both priced at 25 cents but each are used for very different purposes. The first is “Aimar’s Neurotic Oil” to be used in the treatment of neuralgia, rheumatism, swellings, and sprains, the second is for “Aimar’s Pearl Cement,” which can mend china, glass, earthenware, furniture, and leather.
Both products were sold by Goodrich, Wineman & Co. and G. W. Aimar in Charleston, South Carolina. G. W. Aimar & Co. were in business from 1852 to 1978 and acted as a dispensary for the Confederacy during the Civil War, with the top three floors being used as a hospital. OCLC lists two entries for this broadside: the University of Rochester Medical Center, and the University of South Carolina, College of Charleston.
Text printed on one side in various sizes and typefaces. Measures approximately 9 ¾” x 7 5/8”. Item #AM00211.
Condition: Scattered discoloration, fold line, otherwise in very good condition.